1. We ratify that the Final Agreement for the Termination of the Conflict and the Construction of a Stable and Lasting Peace, signed on September 26, 2016, contains the necessary measures and reforms to lay the foundation for peace and ensure the end of the armed conflict.
2. In development of the arranged in past Joint Communique of October 7, we have analyzed proposals for adjustments and specifications of the Final Agreement that different sectors of society have put into consideration of the delegations of the National Government and the FARC-EP, responsible for the construction of a new agreement.
3. The proposals are being carefully discussed. Many of them are being included into the text of a new agreement.
4. With celerity and in pursuit of a prompt result, we will continue to listen to a significant and diverse number of organizations and personalities of the nation that have manifested themselves in one way or another, even considering those who abstained from voting in the plebiscite, seeking in each case peace and reconciliation among Colombians.
5. We will continue advancing in this task next Thursday, November 3 in an effective and quick manner in order to come to a new, definitive agreement. Both Delegations note in a positive manner that this whole discussion is possible because for the first time in our recent history, peace is the essential nucleus of citizen reflection, leaving behind the past of war.
6. Taking into consideration that the President of the Republic is vested with constitutional powers to carry peace forward, we trust in his management to achieve this national objective.
7. We thank the guarantor countries, Cuba and Norway, the accompanying countries, Venezuela and Chile, and the international community for their continued support of our work for reconciliation. Likewise, we extend our gratitude to all citizens who have sent their proposals and expressed their support to the delegations of the National Government and the FARC-EP with the purpose of building peace.
Peace Delegations of the National Government and the FARC-EP